- Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
- Multi-purpose Internet Mail Extensions.
- A "Request for Comments" used as a proposed standard by IETF.
- A server which acts as an intermediary for some other server. Unlike a proxy, a gateway receives requests as if it were the origin server for the requested resource; the requesting client may not be aware that it is communicating with a gateway.
- An intermediary program which acts as both a server and a client for the purpose of making requests on behalf of other clients.
Copyright © 1991-97
Ericsson Telecom AB