Lazy lists - an implementation.

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Wed Oct 18 13:09:07 CEST 2000

> Unfortunately it would not directly help Ulf Wiger either as the large
> lists are generated by calls which generate "proper" lists. To use it
> you would have to write new interface functions to generate the lazy
> lists and force people to use the lazy libraries.  This would still
> mean you would have to go through code and modify it, as you would
> using th existing "lazy" interface to ETS tables.

mnesia transactions seem to use pretty much this procedure (generate list,
convert to ets table, traverse ets table to generate new list - or something
similar). Obviously the author had some reason to choose this solution.
Maybe there's a better one which doesn't involve all that copying but also
doesn't have the downside which Ulf and the mnesia author are trying to
avoid (different memory allocation? different GC? different handling of fast
growing heaps? other?)

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: