bstring.erl in the next release?

Jérôme Marant jerome.marant@REDACTED
Wed Sep 19 19:31:24 CEST 2001

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> writes:

> I put together this driver sometime ago (finished off today) which does the
> str and chr functions quite efficiently. Warning: I am not a C programmer by
> trade. Please therefore treat with extreme caution. Please let me know if
> you find any gremlins..
>
> I'd also appreciate any comments anyone may have on how this looks or how it
> could be improved. It could certainly do with a reverse function and perhaps
> rstr, rchr if anyone felt the urge.

  Thanks. I'll give feedback.

> Of course if Ericsson made them into bifs that would be even better :)

  Better: implementing strings as binaries rather than lists.
  Everyone knows that managing strings with lists is the major cause of
  poor performances of some Erlang programs: one must not underestimate
  the number of programs processing strings.

  Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@REDACTED>
              <jerome@REDACTED>