Telecom & Mnesia - Call Detail Record Collection

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Thu Apr 11 17:53:15 CEST 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Ulf Wiger wrote:

Uffe> >3. What are the most effective mnesia configurations for maxing
Uffe> >out its data storage potential? What is its potential?
Uffe>
Uffe> I think this is a moving target. If you use fragmented tables,
Uffe> the potential for storing large amounts of data in mnesia is
Uffe> huge, but it probably doesn't suit all applications. I recall
Uffe> that Håkan Mattsson verified linear transaction processing
Uffe> scalability of mnesia in a 50 node system. If your application
Uffe> allows the database to be partitioned, and accesses can be
Uffe> localized to single fragments, it's mostly a question about how
Uffe> much hardware you can throw at the solution (well, with a hard
Uffe> BEAM limit of 256 nodes).

The source code for the benchmark program is included in the Mnesia
distribution and is located under mnesia/examples/bench.

If you have a big computer farm, please go ahead and set a new highscore!

/Håkan