XML-RPC and Erlang

Erik Reitsma (ELN) Erik.Reitsma@REDACTED
Mon Jun 3 13:15:36 CEST 2002

Hi Partick (and others),

> A web search turned up a couple mentions of an
> implementation of XML-RPC in
> Erlang. I have not been able to locate any
> implementations, though.

> Anyone know of an implementation?

> If not, I'll volunteer to do one.

I know of e-soap, by IDEALX (http://www.idealx.org/prj/idx-esoap/dist/). I have used that, but had to make some modifications in order to let it work with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. It does its own HTTP stuff, which means that it does not do HTTP/1.1, for example. It does use xmerl, however.

I have started (in my spare time) on an implementation of the server side as a module in inets. I think that this would be a better approach. I can make calls to it with simple parameters (i.e. no XML-encoded parameters, just ints and strings), but it does work. If you'd like to work on this with me (or perhaps take over), I can gather the code and send it to you.

*Erik.