mod_esi:deliver

Martin Gustafsson martin-g@REDACTED
Tue Nov 5 16:00:57 CET 2002

Hi!

It was a little time since I used mod_esi, and I do not have the very
latets version of it but my best guess is that a new process is spawned
when the function in your module that generates the html-code is called.

The process that will get the data from deliver/2 will continue to wait
for data until the spawned process dies. Then he connection to the
client
will then be closed if you do not use a persistent connection.

So the solution to your problem is to let the process die when it is
finished
 generating the html-page.

Best regards

Martin Gustafsson

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Jozsef Berces
(QCZ)
Sent: den 5 november 2002 14:19
To: Erlang-Questions (E-mail)
Subject: mod_esi:deliver

Hi,

When I use this new mod_esi:deliver callback, it seems that the server
does not know when to end the connection towards the browser (or vice
versa, I am not a http expert). So the browser is just waiting (the
globe is whirling in IE) then either I stop the transfer or some timeout
ends it. Is there any way to tell the erlang httpd that all the data has
been supplied by the callback?

Thanks in advance,
Jozsef