gs on MacOS X in R9B-0

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 21 15:07:48 CEST 2002

> Does this work ?
> If it does how does one go about to make it work ?
> The MacOS X tcl/tk version (at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl) does
> appear to differ in build / install process compared to linux/unix so
> I'm not all that sure how much help the README file in
> otp_src_R9B-0/lib/gs/tcl is.
> I tried to rename MacOSXTk8.4a4.tar.gz (the precompiled mac
> version) and
> put it at:
> otp_src_R9B-0/lib/gs/tcl/binaries/powerpc_darwin6.tar.gz as
> ./configure
> appears to assume, this works as far as allowing OTP to
> compile without
> error as as well as putting  some stuff in
> otp_src_R9B-0/lib/gs/priv/Applications (wish) and
> otp_src_R9B-0/lib/gs/priv/Library (tcl and tk frameworks). I
> would guess
> that part of the problem is that the paths to the tcl/tk stuff isn't
> quite where a unix system would expect them.

I had a go by making a link from /Applications/Wish
Shell.app/Contents/Macos/Wish Shell  to a more sane /usr/local/wish and gs
did pick up the wish executable and open up the little window you get when
running Wish Shell.app normally. gs couldn't communicate with the wish shell
though - I read something somewhere about problems with stdin/out.

fink also seem to be doing something with tcl/tk though I can't quite figure
out whether this is Aqua or X11. They seem to be still "perfecting" their
Jag suport so I haven't played with it much.

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: