Advanced Regexps?

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 18:09:48 CET 2003

Bengt Kleberg <Bengt.Kleberg@REDACTED> writes:

> Carl-Johan Kihlbom wrote:

>> Is there any way to do advanced regular expressions in Erlang? I've
>> looked at the regexp and gregexp modules, but their implementations
>> of regular expressions are very limited. I would really like to
>> match word boundaries, etc. like you can in Perl et al.

> since i do not know perl i would like to ask if you mean that perl has
> a special regexp for matching word boundaries? (ie, not
> [\s]+[a-zA-Z]+[\s]+ , but something else).

Another Erlang project for some long weekend...

  http://www.weitz.de/regex-coach/

While I think I understand regexes, the screenshots in this app are
intriguing and the whole thing is done in Common Lisp. It would be
interesting to port PCRE as has been done with CL:

  http://weitz.de/cl-ppcre/

Or has someone done this already?