Ports under windows

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Feb 16 09:44:58 CET 2004

From: "Rudolph van Graan" <rvg@REDACTED>
> Anyone that got a Delphi/Borland C++ based port running in Erlang? What
> are the tricks? I would like to test with MS Visual C++, but don't
> currently have access to it.

Hi,

I have written a couple of Delphi port programs, and I think the attached one is
the most advanced one, and it works. Please ask if something is unclear - the
code is not very commented.

The way I solved it is with a separate thread that reads from stdin and sends
the messages asynchronously to the main program. This can be done by registering
a custom Windows message, or by polling mailboxes in the idle loop of the
window. The important thing is to be careful not to do things inside the reader
thread.

regards,
Vlad