H/W requirements for OTP RB-2

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Apr 18 23:05:19 CEST 2005

Michael Fogeborg writes:

 > What is the smallest machine anyone here has run erlang on - and still
 > being useful ?

The smallest machine I've actually seen running R10 and doing
something non-trivial is a 50MHz MPC860-based embedded system with
32MB of DRAM. Many of those systems are [still] in live operation
today. That's not particularly small, but I thought I'd start the
bidding.

I know it's possible to go smaller than that, especially if you use a
smaller OS (e.g. VxWorks instead of linux), but it's not particularly
pleasant.

Matt