simple_one_for_one worker

tty@REDACTED tty@REDACTED
Fri Jul 1 16:38:23 CEST 2005

Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> any one of the callback modules 3 handle_* functions (handle_call/3,
> handle_cast/2, handle_info/2) can return a tuple with the first member
> equal to stop (eg {stop,Reason,Reply,NewState} for handle_call/3).

Unfortunately it does not answer my question.

I am aware of those callback however who should call them ? Should the Supervisor do that after calling supervisor:terminate_child ? Or does supervisor:terminate_child call one of the handle_* functions.

Furthur more since my gen_server process should terminate after it is done processing does this imply it should call supervisor:terminate_child on itself ?

Basically the architecture I have in mind looks like:

                        supervisor
              worker1    worker2  . . .  workerN

where worker1 ... workerN are all from the same module. In a non-OTP world I would just do a spawn_link to create the workers and the running process would be *non* recursive i.e. it terminate on the final statement.

Thanks

tee