R10B3 crashes after >1014 tcp connections + Yaws

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Mon Jun 13 10:59:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

OS X should be able to support the BSD kqueue mechanism. I just had a
quick go at compiling with --enable-kernel-poll, but somewhere in the
process it loses track of the existence of kqueue - maybe a good
place to start.

Without at least one of the fancy poll mechanisms then you will be
restricted to 1024 FDs - but that is why there is support for fancy
poll mechanisms :)

The only problem remaining is that there is no support for epoll in
Linux 2.6, kqueue is broken for OS X at least, and sys.c is such a
mess of ifdefs by now that it really should be re-written - it is a
real pain to modify in its current state.

Sean