can erlang code talk directly with device driver ?

Javier París javierparis@REDACTED
Thu Jul 27 13:14:03 CEST 2006

El Jueves, 27 de Julio de 2006 12:36, Only OpenSource escribió:
> On 7/27/06, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Just write a erlang port or library.  See EDTK.
>
> Thanks Ryan.
>
> I downloaded the paper list on the snookles.com site
>
> However, I am looking for an example, wherein erlang program works with
>  - Network Device driver
>  - USB Device driver

You mean ioctls? You would do that, as Ryan said, using a port. There is a
nice tutorial on how to do that on the web. In the network device case, if
wou are only going to use a socket, there is already a library for that: look
for gen_tcp and gen_udp.

Regards.