[erlang-questions] 2D Map Arrays

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Mon Sep 11 07:58:04 CEST 2006

Jeff Crane wrote:
> What do I do when I want to operate on a similarly
> sized dynamic layer that I want to read/write to?

A while ago, Dan Gudmundsson posted an array datatype implementation
to the list. Since then, I and Dan have been rewriting it with the
intention of eventually making it a standard library component. Here
is a preview; the interface should be pretty stable now:

   http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/array/

It still uses a tree structure, but since it uses indices from 0 to N
instead of arbitrary keys, it can be quite a lot more efficient in both
time and space than gb_trees or dicts.

     /Richard

PS. I tried to post this to the list with the code as an attachment
just before the weekend, but apparently, it was eaten by a grue.

--
  "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
    -- Paul Graham