[erlang-questions] : Trouble connecting to Erlang in a virtual hosting setup

Tue Aug 21 14:11:46 CEST 2007

If you can find a name that is routable from both sides.
E.g in /etc/hosts on z13261AA.textdrive.com define
wagerlabs.com and topdog.cc to be alternative names for
the machine.

Then start the Erlang node with -name name@REDACTED

An Erlang node must have one hostname, so if you need
to contact topdog.cc you probably need to start another node.

There are kernel variables to control which ports the
Erlang distribution protocol should listen to. If you
have a firewall you will need to use these to know
which port range (plus EPMD) to open.