[erlang-questions] ETS Multiple Choice Question

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Dec 12 06:51:24 CET 2007

Lev Walkin <vlm@REDACTED> writes:

> Sean Hinde wrote:
> > No locking is available in ets.
> >
> > Limited support means that a single read or write will succeed without
> > being corrupted by another concurrent read/write. If you want locking
> > across mutiple read/writes then look at mnesia
>
> What about write in the middle of foldr?

We have updated the documentation in R12B to make that clearer:

"If Function inserts objects into the table, or another process inserts objects into the table, those objects *may* (depending on key ordering) be included in the traversal."

/Bjorn