[erlang-questions] Project: Adobe release AMF3 specification for Flash/Flex - Joe's SP1 #9

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 03:40:13 CET 2007

Roberto

Thank you very much for your help. You have cleared up several
questions which were bugging me.

So, in summary, for server-push to a 'vanilla' Flex client (i.e.
staying within the 'normal' Flex runtime+libraries technology):
1. it would be reasonable to use RTMP+AMF to implement server-push.
2. AMF is only data serialisation (it is supported by the Flex runtime
+libraries, so it is convenient, and has reasonable performance).
3. Only RTMP is supported by the Flex runtime+libraries for server-push.

G Bulmer