[erlang-questions] ODBC support doesn't work correctly in Erlang R12B :(

Sergey Samokhin sergey@REDACTED
Wed Dec 26 23:09:22 CET 2007

Hello.

When I was trying to test my ODBC connection with Erlang R12B I saw
these strange error message:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6 (abort with ^G)
1> odbc:connect("DSN=ejabberd;UID=root;PWD=password",
[{scrollable_cursors, off}]).
{error,odbc_not_started}

But it works properly with R11B.5 with the same configs and software
(except Erlang)!

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.5.5 (abort with ^G)
1> odbc:connect("DSN=ejabberd;UID=root;PWD=password",
[{scrollable_cursors, off}]).

=INFO REPORT==== 25-Dec-2007::17:41:34 ===
The odbc application was not started. Has now been started as a
temporary application.
{ok,<0.38.0>}

I use:

Archlinux current
myodbc 3.51.17-1
unixodbc 2.2.12-1

Also I tried to do the same at FreeBSD 6.2 and I saw the same error
message.

odbc.ini:

[ejabberd]
Description = MySQL database test