[erlang-questions] how to do faster integer operations (was: some language changes)

Paul Mineiro paul-trapexit@REDACTED
Wed Jun 6 11:27:16 CEST 2007

paraphrasing ok <ok@REDACTED>:

[ a machine width integer type won't help in Erlang because it's
dynamically typed ... maybe there's another way to speed this up ...
 share the function and we'll see ]

Alright, well, I've isolated a "sufficiently generic" part of the
computation which is still disappointingly slow (attached).  My
machine can do 100K in circa 1s using hipe compilation; the equivalent
C is about 2 orders of magnitude faster.

Thanks for the help,

-- p

p.z. (Sorry unfortunately I was in digest mode so can't figure out how to
reply to the original email, but I've switched out of digest mode for the
future)