[erlang-questions] inets - http:request with invalid host

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Tue May 29 14:07:23 CEST 2007

Hi!
> Also for the same url "links" gives the similler result. I mean it hangs for
> a long time & gives below output. Also I tried with traceroute, it also
> takes a long time to compete the below output.
>
> Since all these tools takes long time, can't this be any related to any
> network configuration (NAT or something ) ?

It is of course  possible that you   have  some  more general network
problem  not related
to Erlang or inets.
> Also where documented "etimedout" ??

That value comes from the inet-driver.  inet(3)

> If you need further infomation I can provide you with traces. Please guide
> me about the traces you need

If you want to know what the http inets client is doing you can use the
function
http:set_options([{verbose, VerboseMode}]).

*|VerboseMode = false | verbose |debug | trace |*
By default false. This option unless it is set to false switches on
different levels of erlang trace on the client. It is a debug feature.

Regards Ingela - OTP team