[erlang-questions] auto-syncing mnesia after a network split

Felix Hamilton fhamilton@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 22:47:19 CET 2008

I have used NTP (the Network Time Protocol) quite effectively to sync
timestamps in widely distributed systems with a fairly high degree of
accuracy.

It may be that using an NTP server and clients to provide time syncing
for Mnesia may be a valuable addition - NTP resolution can get quite
high (read way more than you need) if you have redundant servers.

Is there an NTP project for Erlang as yet? If not, that might be a
project that would provide quite a few benefits to the community ...

/Felix