[erlang-questions] Problems in erl_accept

J Bhanot j.bhanot@REDACTED
Fri Feb 1 13:05:41 CET 2008

thanks again Gleber...

I have placed problem of accept at lower priority on my stack as of now...

Now, I am trying to send the a simple "hello world" from my C node to
Erlang node ---

I have come across 2 ways to do that -

erl send(fd, to, msg)

where
to is an Erlang term containing the Pid of the intended recipient of the
message.

Now the query here is is this to PID of my Erlang node (same PID which we
get by doing ps aux | grep "erlangnode") or this is some other PID

and if this is PID(int) which i get by grep then how do I convert into
ETerm (think that should be simple, but owing to fact that I am a newbie
in Erlang - finding it bit difficult at this moment :-()

Second way to send message is:

erl reg send(fd, to, msg)

in which

to is a string containing the registered name of the intended recipient of
the message.

Now question is do i need to regsiter my Erlang node...

I have tried doing so by following commands:

 P1 = spawn(fun() -> receive _ -> ok end end).
 global:register_name(test, P1).
global:registered_names().
[test]

Now, I assume that test is regsitered name for the node...

and have tried

if(erl_reg_send(sockfd, "test", cmsg) == 0)

but this thing is not working - - is there any other way of registering
the Erlang node and whom with this node regsiter (EPMD???)

Thanks and Regards,
jb

Gleber <gleber.p@REDACTED>
02/01/2008 05:22 PM

"J Bhanot" <j.bhanot@REDACTED>
cc

Subject
Re: Problems in erl_accept

Sorry. I've never created any C node for erlang, though I don't know
what is the source of the error... Hence You should wait for answers
from more experienced erlangers from the mailing list :)

But my intuition says, that problem is probably in sockfd, since it is
the only socket file descriptor ought to be correct :)

Good luckwith Erlang :) It is fascinating language!

Regards,
Gleb Peregud

ForwardSourceID:NT0000E186
and any attachments. Thank you