[erlang-questions] how: Purging old records from Mnesia table

Paul Mineiro paul-trapexit@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 19:00:29 CET 2008

gleb,

lately i've been maintaining another mnesia table as an ordered_set with
the expiration time as the first element in the tuple of the primary key.
i then periodically iterate over that (with mnesia:first/1 and
mnesia:next/2), terminating the iteration early when possible, which is
most of the time.

of course it means database modifications have to hit two tables, and
unfortunately sometimes introduces the need for transactions where before
dirty operations would do.

so i'm eager to hear a better solution.

-- p

p.z. one thing not clear in your original post ... is this persistent
data?  cuz if so, timers and ets tables seem ill advised.