[erlang-questions] : : : build 64bit Erlang on Solairs

Tue May 6 13:43:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 12:28:52PM +0200, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
:
:
> > With above steps, I can build 64bit executables and shared
> > objects. The only issue is erl_rx_driver.so:
> >
> > $  file ./lib/common_test/c_src/erl_rx_driver.so
> > ./lib/common_test/c_src/erl_rx_driver.so:	ELF 32-bit MSB
> > dynamic lib SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped
> >
> > The reason is its Makefile is hardcoded, rather than generated
> > by configure script(there is no Makefile.in under this subdir).
> > I decide to skip the issue for now.
>
> I will talk to the application responsible about this.

I have some feedback. The makefile for common_test/c_src is
a known problem. But the rx driver is about to be replaced,
and when that happens the configure/make for common_test
will be adapted to the OTP build environment.

The reason is that common_test was first developed
outside of OTP so its build tools started off as
completely independent of OTP.