[erlang-questions] odbc doesn't give me all of my data

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Mon May 26 11:18:54 CEST 2008

I've tried putting large blobs into a postgres database using the Erlang odbc
application. The relevant versions are Erlang R11b.5, unixODBC 2.2.11,
postgresql-odbc 8.1.200.

First I tried a column with the type 'bytea' which holds an arbitrary-length
byte string. I was able to insert 10000 bytes. But a select query via
odbc:sql_query() would only return 254 bytes.

Then I experimented with the type 'text' which holds an arbitrary-length
character string. Again I inserted 10000 chars. The select query only
returned 8001 chars.

I suspect that the problem is in unixODBC or postgresql-odbc and I will have
to abandon this exercise, unless someone has some better ideas.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.