[erlang-questions] Erlang crypto_drv in R13B02/03 fails to load on amd64-Solaris2.10

Peter-Henry Mander phmander@REDACTED
Mon Nov 23 12:19:39 CET 2009

Hi Scott,

No, I don't think that the issue is to do with paths. The loader
_does_ find the crypto_drv.so file, and fails to load it because
"symbol (unknown): value 0xfffffd7ffd514fdf does not fit." I began to
think that it was an AMD ABI "memory model" issue, where a 64 bit
offset could not fit into a 32 bit value of an address register
relative memory access instruction.

Per pointed out that there are symbols in the crypto_drv.so file which
suggest that the linker is being invoked with the wrong options,
resulting in what smells like a stand-alone executable file with a
main() function, not a shared library object.

I'm going to continue hacking the Makefiles to see if adding the
suggested -shared option to the crypto_drv linker command makes a
positive difference.

Pete.