[erlang-questions] Proposal for -warning() directive

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Fri Sep 4 11:08:01 CEST 2009

2009/9/4, Jayson Vantuyl <kagato@REDACTED>:
> I've had a case where this would have been useful.  Not to have a
> directive explosion, I might also recommend -deprecated().  In fact, I
> would probably find that more useful than -warning.
>
> Or maybe there should be a directive more like:
>
> -emit(warning,"Something bad about this module.").
> -emit(deprecated,"This disappears next version.").
>
> Or I might be overthinking it.  But I do think this functionality in
> some form is useful.

I suggest that you should check the regexp.erl file in the stdlib in
OTP R13. It contains this text:

-deprecated([sh_to_awk/1,parse/1,format_error/1,match/2,first_match/2,matches/2]).
-deprecated([sub/3,gsub/3,split/2]).