[erlang-questions] Re: good dialyzer docs?

Wed Apr 6 15:26:53 CEST 2011

2011/4/6 Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED>:

> You are sufficiently vague in your mail that it's very difficult to give an
> answer to you in what you are asking. In particular, there is no warning
> that reads "no type information is given for a function"; all type
> information is actually optional.

This is correct, but you can still supply an option,
warn_missing_spec, to the compiler which will make it print out
warnings for functions with missing specs. I have been contemplating
enabling it on my projects. Of course, not supplying a -spec means the
dialyzer will just infer the type to the best of its ability.

--
J.