[erlang-questions] Non-blocking BEAM code loading?

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Thu Nov 17 11:56:24 CET 2011

2011/11/8 Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED>:
> Would it help if we wrote some patches to make more of this work
> happen before the block? Ideally there would be no block at all, but I
> don't know enough about the internals to really make that happen.
>
> Here's a branch (from R14B04) where I've moved most of the heavy
> lifting (especially decoding the literal table) to before the block:

I looked at your code, but decided to do it myself as there are
more things that can be done before blocking the system
(in particular, the code part of the BEAM file can be processed).

You'll find my updates on the master branch the the next time
Henrik pushes the master branch to our github repository.
Probably later today.

/Björn