[erlang-questions] Erlang SMTP Client?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Oct 11 20:30:06 CEST 2011

On 10/11/2011 08:13 PM, David Mercer wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>
>> There are SMTP modules. Why do you need them to be in the standard
>> distribution? You can just use them as a dependency.
>
> Good question.  I guess just to avoid having to ask this list which is the
> state of the art, but that's very unsocial of me...
>
> I'm not pushing for it.  I've got a solution to my immediate needs (by
> asking this list), I just thought it might help those who come after me.
> Ah, how very altruistic of me, eh?

What we need, in my opinion, is not a big standard distribution that can
do everything including distributed coffee, but a big package repository
that would be well integrated into Erlang's tools so we could just have
Erlang pull them when needed. Rebar dependencies are doing half the work
there, all that's missing is a community maintained repository that's
supported officially by a big player (either Erlang/OTP or rebar).

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend