[erlang-questions] Quickcheck/PropEr: List generator not working as expected

Ward Bekker ward@REDACTED
Wed Oct 19 14:29:25 CEST 2011

See git@REDACTED:wardbekker/proper_test.git , src/test.erl for a runnable demo app. Start with ./shell from the projects root

When I test the property `proper:quickcheck(test:prop_ends_with_double_cons_is_true()).` The following error is outputted to console:

Error: Couldn't produce an instance that satisfies all strict constraints after 50 tries.

Is seems that `?SUCHTHAT(Drow, list(consonant()), length(Drow) > 2)` can't generate valid values.

When I output the values generated by `list(consonant())` I notice that only zero or one length lists are generated. Why is that?

Thx,

Ward