[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Mon Oct 24 15:58:37 CEST 2011

> The error returned on Windows after allocating 1200 handles is system_limit.
>

>> Set ERL_MAX_PORTS (see erlang manpage) to increase the number of ports.

Without actually testing it, I am pretty sure that it is enough to raise
the max ports limit (see above) on windows. Have you done that? It needs
to be set before starting the runtime system. Verify that it is set by
calling os:getenv("ERL_MAX_PORTS").

1200 also seems strange, since max ports defaults to 1024.

Regards,
Rickard
--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB.