[erlang-questions] use of opcode 153; this emulator supports only up to 152 after upgrading to R140B4

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Oct 31 14:00:02 CET 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Thomas Lindgren
<thomasl_erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> Here's a question for OTP: shouldn't these sorts of VM-level versioning issues be detected and reported more straightforwardly? I'd prefer a root cause + what to do.
> Something like, "foo.beam was compiled for vm-isa-10.0 but VM requires incompatible vm-isa-14.4. To fix this, recompile from source."

I can do something like this:

=ERROR REPORT==== 31-Oct-2011::09:53:31 ===
beam/beam_load.c(1582): Error loading module t:
  This BEAM file was compiled for a later version of the run-time
system than R15A.
  To fix this, please recompile this module with an R15A compiler.
  (Use of opcode 154; this emulator supports only up to 153.)