[erlang-questions] Specs for optional callbacks

Daniel Luna daniel@REDACTED
Fri Jan 18 23:14:51 CET 2013

On 18 January 2013 10:59, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
> Is this planned?
>
> We can today write behaviours with the specifications of the callbacks
> documented. What about optional callbacks, like gen_server's
> format_status/2? It would be great to have a way to specify the
> specifications for these, too.

+1

Oh, and while we are at it, it would be great to allow multiple
behaviours with shared callback functions to compile without warnings.

My single file supervisor/gen_server/gen_event logger module had to
comment out two of the -behaviour lines.  Almost totally while using
good coding standard too.

Either that or disallow multiple behaviours in the same file in general.

Cheers,

Daniel