[erlang-questions] how do you build your releases with/without rebar?

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Thu Apr 10 09:26:48 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to rework the way I am building releases and find a good way to
> handle the inclusion of dependencies in them. I am generally using the easy
> path for now by mostly using rebar to get the dependencies but I wonder what
> others are doing.
>
> How do you get the dependencies, build them and adding them to the release?
> Are you using your own scripts? Using a makefile like some? In that case how
> do you maintain the dependencies list and their upgrades?

I've started using relx for creating releases -- and, guess what -- it
totally works!

I was going to set out to use the core Erlang chain for this (reltool,
etc.) and some Makefile scripts but relx just worked fine and this is
a world of *severe* pain that I'm very happy to not enter (again).

Garrett