[erlang-questions] [erlang-programming] unable to compile erlang with sctp on armv7

Kaju neerajsharma.live@REDACTED
Sat Jul 26 09:24:45 CEST 2014

I have compiled erlang from source with sctp on linux x86_64 and Mac OS X
successfully but somehow repeated attempts to do the same for Armv7 fails.

I get a nagging configure issue where the sctp_bindx is undefined when I
pass the '--enable-sctp' configure option. In order to overcome this issue
I started using the LIBS='-lsctp' before configure and make, this worked
but when I try to open sctp socket then it fails as follows:

# /media/sd/local/bin/erl +K true

Erlang/OTP 17 [erts-6.1] [source] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10]
[kernel-poll:true]

Eshell V6.1  (abort with ^G)

1> gen_sctp:open().

{error,esocktnosupport}

2>

Note that I built erlang on the target hardware (armv7 linaro 13.09)
 without any issues but just that sctp is not enabled. Any pointers to
debug this issue will be of great help.

uname -a

Linux radxa 3.0.36+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Mar 15 11:18:05 CST 2014 armv7l
armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Full configure (pretty big) is
at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8f2f92df146c02f59593