[erlang-questions] Gen_UDP Packet Loss

Lee Sylvester lee.sylvester@REDACTED
Wed Jul 30 21:00:53 CEST 2014

So, I set a bunch of flags to update the buffer size:

{:buffer, 1024*1024*16}, {:recbuf, 1024*1024*16}, {:sndbuf, 1024*1024*16}

Giving quite a hefty amount of buffer space.  When I connect 5 clients to the server with an echo peer, and send about 1000 packets from each with 1500 bytes per packet, only 50% of the packets even get registered in the message stack.  I’ve conferred with other Erlang devs and have heard their similar servers can support around 1000 such clients.  Why, then, do I get this issue?  :-(

Any idea’s or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Lee