[erlang-questions] [ANN] cowdb 0.1.0 released

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 01:34:26 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Lee Sylvester <lee.sylvester@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi Benoit,
>
> Awesome stuff.  I’m guessing this is a file based db, like SQLite?  What
> scalability does it have?
>
> Cheers,
> Lee

You're right it's file based. In term of scalability I didn't do yet proper
benchmarks, should be done in coming days. Write and read are independent
and can happen concurrently. Most of read are cached by the filesystem.

Also the btree is well tested over the last 4 years in Apache CouchDB.

Let me know if you find anything. I have mostly written this db so I can
use a pure erlang database (other than mnesia) in my coming project enki
that will be opensourced before the end of the month.

- benoit