[erlang-questions] SSL connection problem

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Tue Jun 9 22:55:14 CEST 2015

Hi!

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to report my findings having applied both versions of the patch.
> The first thing we tried was Ingela's most recent suggestion:
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2015-June/084874.html
>
> That worked perfectly for APNs connections, but it had some strange side
> effects in other areas of our application using SSL.
>
> We then tried the originally suggested patch:
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2015-June/084868.html
>
> https://github.com/processone/otp/commit/dd32dd8a471b06a3d1eafe1003975a188611777f
>
> That solved all of our issues with (so far) no adverse side effects.  If
> only I understood why...

Without knowing more about your senario I can not tell you why, but I have
been thiking about it and am working on a new variant of the patch that
will include that logic too. I can see that those changes will be needed in
other situations than in the reported one.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP Team - Ericsson AB