[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP interpreter (erl) not found but required

Abhishek Ranjan abhishek@REDACTED
Wed May 3 11:22:46 CEST 2017

I was installing ejabberd 17.03 through source code when I found that I needed to intall Erlang 17.1 for it. I installed erlang /otp 17.1 using kerl inside the /home/ec2-user/kerl/17.1 directory.

I then used  ./autogen.sh command which ran without any output

       then:  ./configure which gave this error

configure: error: Erlang/OTP interpreter (erl) not found but required

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Abhishek