[erlang-questions] Making a minimal distributable program in Erlang.

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Sep 20 13:03:05 CEST 2017

On 20. September 2017, Joe Armstrong wrote:

> I was thinking along the lines of running the program twice - in run one
> I'd trace all calls to discover which modules were actually called, then
> from this information build a minimal distributable program.

code:all_loaded() is an easy way to see which modules were loaded by
a particular run of a program.

What's harder is being confident that your program won't call further
modules when given different input. A pragmatic approach is to run a
test suite with 'sufficient' coverage.

Matthias