[erlang-questions] Patch package OTP 21.0.1 released

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 15:21:07 CEST 2018

On 06/26/2018 03:10 PM, Henrik Nord X wrote:>> Maybe you're interested
in updating the website with them.
> Done

\o/

>> I can't find an announcement or a README for the following two tags:
>>
>> * 18.3.4.3
>> * 19.2.3.1
>>
> I do not know why there are no announcement on some of the patches, but
> the patches are still published and thus we have a README, now also on
> the download page

\o/

>> I don't expect a README or an announcement for 19.2.3.1 but I'm a
>> bit
>> more surprised about 18.3.4.3, maybe there's a good reason?
>>
> There might have been some kind of decision to not post readme for some
> of the patches that are already fixed upstream, when backported to an
> older OTP version. As the changenote for that should already be posted.
>
> Keep in mind the versioning and what that implies to what code is
> included in what following version etc.
>
> I.E the 19.2.3.1 patch is a backport for something that is released in
> 21.0

No worries there, I personally always test with the last announced
versions for each minor release. But users sometimes get creative and
this helps figuring things out.

For anyone interested I have added all READMEs to
https://git.ninenines.eu/ci.erlang.mk.git/tree/release-notes and will
continue adding them as they get released. Older versions might be
removed in time though.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin