Opinions wanted: A superset of regular Erlang for type checking and deduction

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin@REDACTED
Sun Jun 6 12:33:18 CEST 2021

Is there a reason not to use the already existing type definitions and
annotations ? They are already gradual, since you are not forced to
annotate everything, you have total control on the granularity (you can
use any() as much as you want), and they do not require introducing what
is in practice a new language (which would requires new parsers in code
editors, new tools, etc.).

While getting Dialyzer to the state of the art would be fantastic,
writing a totally new type checker based on the same annotations would
work as well, and would avoid having to maintain any type of
compatibility with the current behaviour of Dialyzer.

If you work on that subject, feel free to contact me in PM, I would be
happy to test your work on my codebases.

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net